You may have experienced a twitching pain in your teeth when they come in contact with certain foods or very cold or very hot food. This condition is known as sensitive teeth which may starts bothering you due to many reasons like grinding of the teeth or trauma which can cause weakening of the roots of the teeth, recent cleaning, exposed dentin, dental cavities, pulpitis etc. Symptoms like pain and tingling are associated with sensitive teeth. In this Buzzle article we are going to discuss teeth tingling and how to subside it. It can be observed in one tooth or it may be experienced in many at the same time. It can be observed as an abnormal sensation which may sometimes be felt as numbness. It may cause difficulty in eating and may further cause pain and discomfort. You can overcome this dental condition by following some of the simple home remedies for teeth tingling given in this article.
Remedies for Teeth Tingling
This not too pleasant sensation in the teeth is an indication of sensitive teeth which can also be very painful. Following are some of the remedies which can help you to prevent this condition from worsening and to overcome the tingling sensation.
- Peanuts are said to be very helpful in getting rid of this bothersome feeling. They prevent tooth decay and hence result in strong teeth. You can have a handful of peanuts after every meal till your tingling sensation goes off completely.
- Eating a small piece of Monterey Jack, cheddar or Swiss cheese after the meal can also be of great help in preventing cavities. These prevents the growth of harmful bacteria which cause tooth decay.
- Tea is considered to be one of the best tingling and sensitive teeth home remedies. They are rich in fluoride which is very helpful in dental conditions. Kukicha tea is one of the most recommended teas for curing this sensation. You can even use the same tea bag more than one time.
- One tablespoon of blackstrap molasses dissolved in a small amount of water can also be useful in preventing cavities and symptoms related to them.
- A handful of raw, unsalted, shelled sunflower seeds daily proves are very effective in curing the stinging in the teeth. It can also reduce other symptoms related to sensitive teeth.
- Avoid chewing tobacco, smoking and alcohol as they can elevate the situation and may cause severe damage to the teeth and its roots.
- Be careful about the toothbrush you use. As hard-bristled toothbrush can damage the enamel and cause teeth to become sensitive. Hence use a soft bristled toothbrush which will put less pressure on its subjects and will cause no harm them. Also concentrate on your brushing. Do not brush for more than 1 minute as it will erode the enamel.
- Avoid eating extremely hot or cold food or drinks, specially be careful about chasing one with the other as it can cause severe damage to the teeth and can even cause cracks and fractures in them. These conditions will expose the nerves and may set off tingling.
- Avoid eating acidic foods such as lemons, tamarind, etc. Try to concentrate on foods which are rich in vitamin D and calcium.
So, these were some of the home remedies to overcome this sensation in your teeth. One of the most important things to remember is to maintain proper dental hygiene. Do not forget to floss your teeth after brushing, as it cleans the particles which are missed by brush. If the above given home remedies are unable to give you relief from the tingling sensation or it gets chronic then consult a dentist as the cause behind this condition may be something serious.